Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Join the Dots

I feel like I'm standing in the centre of a revolving door but I'm still and my surroundings are rotating around me; a girl standing with her forehead against the glass, her face surrounded by untamed red hair, and staring at you right in front of your face- past her deep green eyes- her pale-pearl skin highlights 22 freckles...

I've had this urge to sit down and write for months, but dam has it been hard to get started. What do I write about? There is so much to say. A thousand blogs would not be enough if it was all categorized. This is an informal blog about the amazing thing called life. LIVES. Not only mine but the amazing people I meet that add perspective to this massive organism we call EARTH.

I work in a Casino serving coffee and food to thousands of customers each day. The most interesting part of being a waitress happens at the table. There I stand with a notebook and pen in hand waiting for the table that said 'They were ready to order' who are now over looking the menu and taking their... how do i say it? SWEET ASS TIME.'

Food choices say a lot about a person- 'how would you like your eggs done?' 'steak cooked?' 'Chilli on that one?' 'Chicken or beef?'- we know allergies, baby problems,  ' not to mention their ordering manner, price of items, the way they interact with their guests- bosses, dates, married couples, young mothers, sick elderly, poor elderly, grumpy elderly and extremely slow on a walker elderly. Lets just say, the majority of customers are well...elderly. Its hard sometimes.

Theres the locals who seat themselves, barely speak, most commonly moan and expect all staff know what they are having.Mostly they seem stuck in a routine that is overshadowed by lonliness. A simple activity like visiting the casino becomes the highlight of their day and everything revolves around it. In our restaurant we are constantly reminded that the Casino is KING and we are but a parasite leaching off the wealth from machines and table games.

-my thoughts-




No comments:

Post a Comment